Sunday, August 25, 2013

Visitors From Sustainable Coastlines


On Friday we had an awesome visit from the guys from Sustainable Coastlines.  Chris was really interesting to listen to and we all (including Mr Hayward) learnt lots about how important it is to do all we can to look after our beautiful islands and beaches.  Here's some pictures below that show some of the stuff he talked about and under that a few of us have written what we thought of the visit - or what we especially learnt. 
And keep an eye on our blog over the next few weeks because hopefully we might be going to do some cleaning up of our own as a class in a water way near our school - now that would be cool!

 
 
 
When Chris talked to us I learnt that rubbish can harm all sorts of sea creatures. (E.M.)
 
I liked the visit from Chris from Sustainable Coastlines because I had no idea you could make such cool art with recycle stuff.  Chris was very interesting and stylish too!!! (A.H.)
 
I didn't like it when there was rubbish all over the beach because it makes it all yucky. (B.T.)
 
I learnt about how we are eating our rubbish because we are littering and about how dangerous rubbish is for sea creatures. (E.W.
 
Last Friday Chris from Sustainable Coastlines came and talked to us.  It was clear the drains have lots of rubbish inside that goes to the beach and kills fish and birds.  It is very sad.  I support Sustainable Coastlines 100% and maybe you should too! (M.R.)
 
I felt upset to hear about the pollution and how animals are dying.  I'm glad that Chris came in to talk about it.  I felt really sorry for a little turtle that got a piece of plastic from a cream bottle around its body and it grew with it stuck there. (E.C.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment